Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Oil Warning Light

Thanks fella,

Looks like I'll be doing the oil pump soon!

Anyone know the going rate for one?

Euro CarParts are £75+

G&S is £55

Also, is it worth getting a high pressure oil pump?

oh, a quick fix for the oil sesnor = ptfe tape :D plumbers mate wins again!

unless like mine its leaking from the actual sesnor and not the nut (bugger)

i must be pretty nuts :D

had to stop it squittin oil a bit till i picked up the sensor. barely run it all week (annoying as i've only had it a week)

Please correct me if im wrong......

but I am of the opinion of G60Dan. My oil light seems to come on when im either low, or giving it some serious stick

(over 130 oC)

I presumed it was sensitive to both conditions......

My oil warning light plus the beep are coming on very easily (i.e. running roundabouts at some speed).

I have checked the oil level and it´s ok!

There are no leak signals anywhere aswell...

What could this be? :wink:

Dan? Have you got a problem with BOTH your brake warning lamp AND your oil pressure lamp? sounds to me like you may have a fault on your instrument cluster... ;)

Get an oil pressure gauge and check that it's within spec before you go spending lots on a new oil pump... 8)

Yes, but the handbrake light is only within the last 2 weeks.

I will try & get one the weekend.

Also, something else that happens, is when I put my lights/stereo on the oil temps go up? But if I turn all the electrics off, it goes back to normal. Nothing spooky going on with the water temps though. All looks fine there. That's defiantly an electrical fault, the car runs fine.

Just out of interest. How much does a set of clocks go for? Also (though illegal) is there anywhere I could get my miles put on it?

it's not illegal to adjust the reading of a milage counter to make it correct for your car... I'm having mine done soon (when I get my arse in gear and send it off) for J-DUB so she finally shows the correct milage, not the one that's 120K miles too few... :roll: Second hand sets of clocks go for between 20 and 40 quid depending on milage, you WILL need G60 clocks though, as they're different from the other models...

Drop chargedupstorm a PM if you need 'em altering... ;)

BUT: before you do that, check the simple things, like the multiplug on the back of the clocks is plugged in fully, the wires coming off that are all OK, and the connectors on the back of the fusebox are all in securely... ;) I reckon that may cure the faults... 8)

oh, and if it does turn out to be clocks, have a word with chargedupstorm before buying new ones... I think he may be able to fix 'em... 8)

This morning I tried to get my oil light to come on, and found it only seemed to come on at 2250rpm.

Just out of interest, thoughs of you that have the same spooky problem, when does yours come on?

I drove the car just the same as before & then after just avoided 2250rpm & it didn't come on???

This morning I tried to get my oil light to come on, and found it only seemed to come on at 2250rpm.

Just out of interest, thoughs of you that have the same spooky problem, when does yours come on?

I drove the car just the same as before & then after just avoided 2250rpm & it didn't come on???

anyone have any thoughts on this?