Sign in to follow this  
Jay_vr6

Vr6 accelerating problems AGAIN!

Just fitted my new magnex exhaust which is marvelous and working well, but now i get a terrible kangerooing sensation at over 3000rpm in first or second and even higher gears occasionally. (this was happening to a lesser extent befor ei popped th enew exhaust on)

One moment it's fine and everything works 100% and then 2 secs later you get to a junction and it goes astray. This happens wether it is cold or warm or bloody hot.

I've ordered a vag-com lead but it has yet to arrive.

I've thrown decent petrol in and even an additive to knock the ron level up to 101 just incase it was crap petrol or water in the tank but this has no effect other than the car really liking to go fast.

It sounds as though the car isn't getting the air induction it needs ( i have a pipercross panel filter) or could it be fuel pump or filter or something ?

Car is 95 Vr6 80K

its not the cam shaft position sensor is it? I had replaced mine on the rolling road say at stealth and it worked wonders.