Sign in to follow this  
KarmannVR6

Anyone know new part no. for vr6 yellow temp sensor?

Been having a few problems with my temp sensors. Replaced yellow one today and it solved most of my problems except that my temp gauge isnt working.

Replaced the yellow 4 pin - 701 919 369D

With black and blue 4 pin - 104 108 435

Not sure if its the correct replacement.

Can anyone confirm these part numbers?

the replacement i got was the first code 701 919 369D but its the black plug with the blue line round it, think u might have the wrong one? but dont take my word on it.

Strange. I went to the dealer and they said the yellow sensor (701 919 369D) had been replaced by the black one with a blue line round it (104 108 435).

On the bag it says thermoswitch. It seems to be operate the fans and aux water pump fine, but its not working the temp gauge.

You got the wrong one then matey, cos your after a sender not a switch mayb somebody with etka can tell you the difference. Does the gauge not move at all? or is there a little bit of movement?

What are the 3 plugs for, what do each do?

I have some problem with the fans, they go on after a while but only at about 70-80c then just stay on til the engine is cold but don't turn off with the engine and run til the battery's flat, this is a nightmare so i have the fan unplugged.

Chris