Sign in to follow this  
NG

BEAT THE SPEED CAMERA's

seen it advertised loads of times before,,,if it was that easy everyone would have it by now

saw it on a tv program once... basically the police will just put the gatso image on a pc... play with the contrast and bam...number plate is clear as day

jedi-knight83, although technically, that'll then not hold up in court in this country as a "digitally enhanced" photo is not admissable as evidence it the UK... ;) :lol: (don't ask how I know that... ;) )

henny is blingin' no doubt looks like my friend matt with a mk IV GTI, wouldnt hold up in the states either, if it ever passed then a court appeal will be made and it will be an excused offense.

I would buy it just for the hell of it to see if it does anything at all.

Peace, love and eternity to Henny. LOL.

Way i see it - If the government is going to do invest what they can to incriminate us then we have the right to try and prevent that till we commit a crime. Life and Law is War (i just made that up Hahahahaha)

I think I was had yesteday on the M56. Plod with laser gun. With any luck they'll think I am a german with the plates I have. :roll: If not I might go to court to have my say.

Truth be told, I am long overdue getting caught, 1992 was the last time. It used to be every couple of years before that. :wink: 85mph in a 1 litre metro was pretty impressive, when the book speed was 88 and I was 4 up.

Anyway the rule is don't exceed the speedlimit on a clear motorway, in good weather on a saturday afternoon when plod got chucked out of the teabar by the shift boss, whilst watching re-runs of Murder she Wrote or Columbo :lol:

How do they sleep at night persecuting the public?? Horlicks maybe.....

gavin

Er. I thought they had made stuff like that illegal to use on a vehicle number plate within the last few years. Nothing to stop you owning a tin (so they can quite reasonably state on their web site that it's legal to own it)..

... and they admit it themselves in their Web site terms of use:

http://www.beat-the-camera.com/terms.html

This product is sold on the condition that it is not to be used on registration plates of vehicles intended for use on UK roads.  Impairing visibility of registration plates on vehicles used in the UK is illegal.  We take no responsibility for any speeding fines or conviction

A very good friend of mine got caught speeding when I was back in the UK.

Sunday morning Box Hill. He was one of 3 caught doing 165mph on a Yamaha R6.

In court his lawyer manages to exploit a legal loop hole in the system. He proved the speed gun used by the copper had not been signed off as 'official' by the super intendant of the station. (I understand this was a required to prove the gun is accurate.)

Hence the gun was not, so the police could no prove what speed he was doing.

Hilarious.

He got off. I'm not sure if this is still the case nowadays, this loop hole may now be plugged!

yes the UDAR RADAR systems do have to be signed off, the cop has to have a registration with the UDAR that is current to show he can use it, and the UDAR has to be within the calibration period, every so often they get recalibrated. all of these must happen in order for the ticket to be valid. very easy to get out of.