Sign in to follow this  
Leavon

Insurance company makes my week.....

Got some great news on Saturday, I gave my insurance company (Adrian Flux) a call to find out how unpleasant my insurance was going to be when I got my licence back in November (if it was going to be much over 1500 I was probably gonna sell as I paid silly insurance when I was a kid, no way am I going to do it now). Anyway I gave them the details of the conviction and a few minutes later she came back with the figure of £700! That’s only £150 more than I was paying before, this was a massive relief as not only can I keep the car but, I can afford to keep modifying it.

Still 7 months away, but I feel soooo much happier knowing for sure I can keep her, tbh I don't think I would have got another car if I had to get rid as there isn't really another car below 15K that I want.

I went up to Yorkshire a few weeks ago to visit her and give her a clean and just sitting in it made me feel so nostalgic, I've tried to rationalise my attatchment to the car and tell myself that's it's just a lump of metal and rubber but, a couple of minutes sat behind the wheel reminded me that it's so much more than that, I actually felt a little bit emotional :cry: the C has definitely got genuine character.

Anyway just wanted to share my good news!

I created a post about it last December, I got done for "morning after" drink driving. I qualify the "morning after" bit not to lessen the seriousness of the offence but point out that it wasn't premeditated drink driving ie. I didn't drive home from the pub, anyhow it's a lesson learned!

Damn, I'd hoped you were ging to break it and sell me your wheels. :(

£700!! bargain! thats why im with Flux, my Corrado is actually £10 cheaper to insure than my old polo mk4 1.4 8v.

I know what you mean bout the effect they can have.. when something packs in on my car I think pah sell it and buy something 'modern'. But then you get in it and think...

christ unlucky mate.

i am careful with that now i remeber when i was younger driving into work feeling rough as you like and in hindsight i was probably battered still from the last night out.

needless to say i wont be doing that again.

Break it?!!! Never :)

I love the wheels (I think they appease my Porsche fantasy a little) but, the more I see of RH ZW1's the more I want a set, I may treat her to some for christmas, s'gonna be an expensive time though as she's nearly at that magic 100,000 so I'm gonna get the Chain tensioners done in December :(