Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

Problems with a BBM charger - advice needed

these bbm chargers sound great.. but what performance gains do you get? I've got an R1 charger on a 68mm pulley.. Does it knock out more boost than that?

Hope you get it sorted fella

IIRC BBM chargers are 20% more efficient than G-lader chargers, able to produce around 22psi with the right pulley 8)

all I have to say is 3 weeks.... I am doing the 16V conversion too so it will be throwing around 275 hp once I am done at about 16 psi. I have other mods too so yea.

Red=Fast have you gotten into contact with BBM, mailto:[email protected] should be able to help you guys out, they are moving right now to bend, oregon so I dont know what they sitch is. does the pulley move at all, one bit? if its a full seize that sucks. you need to take it back out and shake it around, if you cant get a hold of BBM, I would suggest taking the charger apart but you should have no problems getting ahold of them. honestly you need to get it dealt with ASAP, how much did you buy the charger for, it was apparently used. good luck hope to see you guys some day.

We have contacted them and they said that it was probably due to starving it of oil. I'm not really sure how this could have happened considering the charger was installed in a running car so we know the old charger was getting oil. We also followed the directions EXACTLY. The directions mentioned nothing about prepping the charger with oil before installing or anything. After we installed it, we started it for a couple min just to make sure it was working properly and it started right up with no problems. It sounded great too! Then the next day it would not turn. The pulley will move a slight bit but not very much at all. There is no way something got into the charger. So we are waiting on getting the receipt then we are going to be sending it up to BBM for warranty. It’s just a pain in the ass when you spend so much money on something and do everything exactly how you are told and it doesn’t work. My roommate is extremely frustrated and so am I, and it’s not even my car.

I talked to john betz for you guys and he told me to tell you to call him, just ask for john, I have been looking into this for some time and he kinda permanently knows my e-mail address and who its from. he said the gears will turn blue once oil is cut off and will melt, then the screws will start to melt but thats if you are running it for a while. yeah you guys should give him a call make sure you get a reciept and send it back though, he said they will look at it for you.