Sign in to follow this  
woody

Supercharger

Having had the C for 3 months and now out of warrenty i throught it was about time that i get the supercharger checked over as none of the history which came with the car showed that it had never been done. Could someone tell me is it best to drive the car to jabbasport or to post it. Big parcel (14ft by 8ft with bubble wrap) Only going to have stage 2 as just want piece of mind that the supercharger will not let go.

Cheers

if you drive the car up to jabba i belive they have b&b arrangments that can be used ... but please remember there are now quite a few very competant charger rebuilders in the uk why not do some reserch and get yourself a better deal mabee ?? :lol:

some have - all great reviews!! those that havent wish they had!!

.unfortunately PD Motorsport have ceased trading,and john and darren have parted company. John is still undertaking charger servicing i believe, just not trading as PD Motorsport anymore. They are both on the forum anyway, John(16VG60) and Darren (8VG60)

there is a thread in the announcements section relating to this.

give em a call 8)

woody, There is also pitstop development who have a good reputation amoungst G40 owners. I plan to get mine done there soon. They are also one of the cheapest!

Woody,

I was in your situation afew months ago, i opted to drive up to jabba and have them carry out a stage 2 on my '60. They seemed very competent and knew their stuff. The car was in and out with in two days. I would highly recommend them, although they arent the cheapest around you have peice of mind they have done a good job. I left a happy customer!

For all it takes to strip a charger and rebuild a charger ,gift !!!

buy the parts on the net ,you will take more care than jabba as it,s yours

,as for the fancy lube they spray on (crap ) VW never had it !!

but if do let them near it , tell them not to write there web site on every part !!! as in http://www.jabba.com (every where !!! inside and out )

P,s 6 months by post or a year if they fit !!!! says alot that !!!

guts of £500 to £600 for afew bearings and a few seals !!.

Take it from me, Take your time , Clean it ,Take it apart ,,Replace the bits and put it together again .

as for the fancy lube they spray on (crap ) VW never had it !!

vw used kluber. What did you use ?