Sign in to follow this  
WoodyG60

G60 values anyone?

Hi all - sad news on my G60 - some daft woman Astra driver smacked into the back of me at around 30 and shunted me into the back of the Skoda in front :cry: ...

Around £3.5k worth of damage front & back, so the insurance company (Norwich Union) has decided it is a total loss, and unless I get back to the engineer tomorrow with evidence that it is worth more than he thinks, he will recommend that I'm paid £2k for the car.

Now while the car itself is not totally mint ('91, 124K miles, usual stone chips on front but otherwise excellent bodywork & completely standard), I reckon it is going to cost me more than that to replace?

Is this a good offer and should I just take the cash, or does anyone have any ideas on what I should be pushing for?

Any help totally appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy

£2000 for a G60?? Where has he got that figure from? I doubt you will find a G60 for that money if you want to replace it like for like. When my missus wrote of my Audi they offered me peanuts for it but i sent them adverts from the trader of similar cars to mine with realistic prices. They increased their offer by £800. Keep on at them until you get what you think the car is worth.

I would have thought that you should get at least £2500 for it provided there is nothing majorly wrong with it!

tell 'em bollocks... Get on the autotrader and on here and print off a load of the for sales ads.... I got £3.5K after they offered me £2K for J-DUB due to arguing lots (J-DUB was considered as a normal Corrado after they backed out of the agreed value due to a form that wasn't filled in properly... :mad: )

Send them copies of all of your reciepts too, that goes to show that the car was well looked after... ;)

Good luck!

Sad news Woody, your Rados a good un and I know you have hardly been mean with the pennies when it caomes to keeping it a good one

sorry to hear about the c woody, always refuse the first offer and keep fighting them, they will come back with a better offer