Sign in to follow this  
EHC

The End for my 16V

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I was on my way back from East Midlands airport after a lovely week in Tenerife when someone in a new Honda Civic type-R decided to have a go. We were both doing about 85-90 when he overtook me and his bird gave me this look, you know the kind! Well I wasn't having any of it of course. I dropped her down one and booted it.. 100, 105, 110, 115, 120... started to pass him 125, 130.. at this point I was more interested in what was going on in front of me as you would expect.. the Type-R which was by this time quite away behind seemed to be Wasted so I pulled back to 90 quite satisfied that my little motor had done me proud!.. about 5 minutes later I get the beeping.. beeping and Oil light flashing.. I'd had this before at completely random points over the last year and only after reading the forum do I know that it means the oil pump is on it's way out.. anyway I backed off, 7 miles to the next service.. great I thought I can make it I turned up the sounds and hoped for the best!

2 miles away and there was a loud knocking sound coming front the front end, ah I thought.. better pull it over and join the AA for a tow home.

I gave them a call and they agreed to tow me the 2 miles to the service, it was 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon and the hope of finding a towtruck was fading fast.

£109 later I was at the services on the phone trying to find a garage which could tow me the 150 miles back home.

I decided it wasn't happening and range for a taxi.. I got to the station and after a few trains I arrived home quite unhappy.

First thing Monday I hired a TD Monday with a towbar and a car transporter.

I was quite happy to see her there as I had left her in the Caravan parking at the services..

My friend and I winched her up backwards as we thought we could roll her off forwards into the garage which would make working on her a little easier...

If anyone ever decides to tow a car on a trailer NEVER put it on backwards!!!

We got onto the motorway to find that at 45mph the car and trailer went into a very scary snaking action almost causing a very bad accident..

After a couple of miles at the next turning we found a garage a turned her around and managed to take her back at a steady 60mph...

After a few days of trying to decide what to do I found a guy with a golf engine who was happy to bring it to me and help me install it. I wanted to I really did but I've had 2 S1 RS Turbos in the past, real minters and I've done all the engine work myself.. I just don't have enough spare time to do all this work and get oily so I have decided that the parts are to be sold on E-Bay..

I hope my adventure was an entertaining read and a worthy post, if you need any parts then please visit my link below.Red 1.8 16V 1989a3_0.JPG