Sign in to follow this  
kevin

g60 log book

can someone with a g60 log book help me out.

recently done a engine conversion from 16v to g60,sent away registration document to dvla and its been returned saying they have no record of such a car on there data base as this type of vehicle was not sold in the uk.

the info i think need is vehicle discription,

they are saying that vw gave a code for model description,and what i sent to them did not match any they got.

all help appreciated

regards kevin

kevin, to change the engine type on a V5 all you have to do is inform them of any capacity change (which there won't be if you've gone from a Valver to a G60) and tell them that you've changed the engine number...

I've done this on several cars now and never had a problem... give 'em a ring and find out what they're playing at... :|

just got off the phone to them and they have told me that they can change the engine number over no problem but they cannot change the vehicle type from 16v to g60, so i explained that when i made the initial inquiry about changing the v5 to g60 they told me what to do ,and this is what i had done,their answer was no one here would have told you that as its not possible!!MUPPETS :evil:

so you will get a new document in the post,thank you goodbye.

and cut me off.

will wait to see whats on new document.

is it possible to change the v5 to g60???

regards kevin

dunno, I've got a MKI golf GTI that's now registered as a Golf GTI 16V... :| That was done a fair few years ago though, so they may have changed what they're allowed to do now to try and crack down on ringing and the like... :?

no you cant.

it was a 16v model to satart with, now it has to be a 16v model with a G60 engine.

its fair enough really, its a bit false advertising really.

some 16v's came with lower spec like no sunroof, windy windows and non component front speakers.

so no matter what engine you put in, it'll always be a corrado 16v unfortunatly.

best bet is to 16v the G60!! :lol::lol::lol:

no you cant.

it was a 16v model to satart with, now it has to be a 16v model with a G60 engine.

its fair enough really, its a bit false advertising really.

some 16v's came with lower spec like no sunroof, windy windows and non component front speakers.

so no matter what engine you put in, it'll always be a corrado 16v unfortunatly.

best bet is to 16v the G60!! :lol::lol::lol:

yeah i think your right mate,i belive thats what they were trying to say. but when i first inquired they said no problem!

16v g60 would be nice :lol: :lol: