Sign in to follow this  
chris g

Borbet A's

Right, I think I've decided on the above wheel. I've done a few searches on here and found a few differen answers.

Would I fit the 9 x 16's all the way round or do I need 7.5 x 16's for the front?

I'll be on a set of coilovers of course!

Also would a 205 stretch over the 9" rim?

Im confused about this too. I picked up some Borbet A's last weekend and im getting confused about tire size choice :?

I had a good search last night and finally got set on some 205 / 40 / 16s all round but after reading some old topics it seems they could be dangerously narrow for the 9" rears :S

Oh, and if anyone could let me know if the FK AK coilovers fit with no rubbing then that would be great cheers.

(the offsets are ET15 rear and ET20 front and there going on a valver)

Andy

I just fitted 9j Borbet A`s all round on my G60, i have had the rear arches rolled at the top part but not pulled, and there seems? at its current height (standard suspension) to be stacks of room front and back, im only dropping mine 30mm on Eibachs so clearance isnt really gonna be an issue for me.

as for the FK and other coilover kits it does say on a few of them that the suspension may touch the inner part of the rim on really low settings and you need to space the wheels with 5mm spacers? personally i doubt you will get it low enough on 9j all round to have a clearance issue!! the 9j rims with a 215 tyre are Mahhhhhhhhoooooooosive!

I have 215 40 16 Continental sport contact 2 tyres (bought from Eastcoasttyres at a superb price of £260 for 4 off Ebay :) ) once its dropped it will look better, but here it is at the moment :wave:

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Right, I think I've decided on the above wheel. I've done a few searches on here and found a few differen answers.

Would I fit the 9 x 16's all the way round or do I need 7.5 x 16's for the front?

I'll be on a set of coilovers of course!

Also would a 205 stretch over the 9" rim?

Depends what model corrado you have got - vr6 or 4 pot? and it depends on how low you want to go on the coilys?

yes the 205 will stretch over the 9.

I have 195/45/16 on the 7.5s on the front of my vr and 205/40/16 on the rear 9s on the back of mine.

If you have a 4 pot, you can get 9s on the front, depending what drop you have got. If you have a vr, you can get 9s on the front but it is a hell of alot of work. I skimmed the rear disks which have the 9s on by 3mm and had the rear arches pulled an inch either side and skimmed the caliper carriers on the 7.5s on the front to get rid of having to use a spacer to get the wheels over the calipers.

CIMG3214.jpg

CIMG3207.jpg

CIMG3151.jpg

horseyridingwithkate005.jpg

inters.jpg

Hi - I`m also looking at going for Borbet A`s, I have a standard Corrado Storm VR, thinking of the 16 x 7.5s all-round, reckon there will be an issues ? might go for a 20 - 30mm drop at the most.

having 9j on the front makes the car track like mad, and makes the car feel as if your on a rail way track, very stiff cornering, my mate has a g60 with 9j on the front, i have 7j onthe front 9j on rear handles good.

Hi - I`m also looking at going for Borbet A`s, I have a standard Corrado Storm VR, thinking of the 16 x 7.5s all-round, reckon there will be an issues ? might go for a 20 - 30mm drop at the most.

Bump!

I'd also like to know if 7.5" Borbet A's would fit a standard vr, also do the 15" diameter wheels go over 288mm front disks or do you have to go up to 16"?

I may also be investing in a set of 16 x 9's for my standard VR6 but will want it dropped before they are fitted on some KW's... AM I going to have issues? Is it worth swapping out the fronts for 16 x 7.5's?

yes totally wort h ditching the 9's up front for 7.5's.......... now i know you have done it nikki i shall try again with grinding back the caliper carrier to ditch the spacers hopefully have lesss rub then!! whhooooooohoooooo

im low on jamex coilovers, 7.5 up front 9 j on rear, the rear wheel foul the arch with two people , or luggage and stuff in the boot, depends how much weight you have in there.

unless you get the arches cut and rolled. :D

what size tyres are you running, have the inner part of your rear arch been cut, i have a lip or ledge that cuffs the tyres when weight is in there, also getting pi**ed off with the exhuast banging on the rear beam axle, does yours do this? have you found a way around it, i was thinking of flattening my exhaust where ir goes over slightly.!

Kumho 215/40zr16 86w xl all round, the arches haven't been touched, there's very slight rubbing on the outer rear tyres but i wouldn't even go as far as to say its damage. The exhaust is powerflow custom so when it knocked a little i just took it back and the guy bent things (?) till it stopped :D

hi guys i have a standard vr6 at the min and ive put in an order for some borbet t's , 16inch

they will be 7.5j front and 9j rear.

will i have any fitting problems???

will they go straight on?

i will be fitting the tyres myself so any reccomendation will be great. thanks in advance

phil

They don't go straight on, they do then rear, the front calipers need grinding down to fit ( quite a bit) and then there is the fact that it will sit like a pram.......

as the man says bought a set of the forum thought they wud go straight on, had to grind them within an inch of there life .Look great just soooooooo inpractical lol :D

I put a topic up earlier about all off this. I've bought some scbmidts 9x16 et15 all round to go on my vr. Think from what I've read the rears should go on fine but the fronts will be a problem. Will they physically not fit or will they fit but just rub on full lock? I've had no arch work done either? I just don't want to spend money getting 2 new tyre and then them all fitted to find I've wasted my time. I'd love to get them on tho but not at the cost of making it handle terrible or having to get the arches flAred then repainted? Cheers

The backs of the wheels rub on the calipers ... Rub is being generous they fit but don't try to drive anywhere as the wheels won't turn.......

so is it not a case of i CAN fit the wheels on the front but will have some rubbing issues etc, to i definitely CANT even get them on as i physically wont be able to drive the car, turn corners with 9x16s up front? :?

It's nit turning corners I'd be worried about it's the my wheels don't actually turn round at all.... I.e go forwards or backwards.... Left to right no probs you could SiT in your driveway like a kid and pretend your going somewhere though.....

But none of that matters as it will look cool!!!