Sign in to follow this  
Louie Lungbubble

Bosal Backboxes?

Afternoon all.

Got a bit of an exhaust dilemma on the go at the mo, after my OEM backbox threw a bit of a wobbler yesterday, and declared its independance from the rest of the system. :roll:

I'm scratching my chin now, wondering whether to stump up the £112 ECP want for a genuine replacement, (of which they've no stock btw) or go with the likes of a Bosal one.

Not Too arsed if Bosal don't quite match OEM for longevity, but I don't want some godawful tinny pea-shooter hanging out the back end of my motor.

Anyone got/had a Bosal backbox, and do they look the part?

Cheers.

a genuine one should last around5 years or more...quickfit specials have failed me in under a year and sound nasty

so, if you need a quick fix for the MOT and then sell it, go for the bossal ..if your keeping it go for genune

My Corrado 16v apparently used to have a full BOSAL exhaust system fitted (when I skimmed through the reciepts files once) - but judging by the history of it, i'd say it had serious quality issues.

Not long after it was fitted the backbox was replaced under warranty, about a further year later the bosal backbox was ditched in favour of a standard one, and then when I acquired it about a year later I had to ditch the centre section and refit with an OE part as all the silencers blew out of it and it sounded like I wad driving a tank.

I'd probably avoid a BOSAL system based on that to be honest! If it helps, a genuine Corrado backbox doesn't cost much more than the ECP price from your friendly local VW Stealer. And if you negotiate a discount with them, you're laughing.

Yep, Bosal are sh1te, always go with VAG genuine exhuasts, they last ages and as Jim says if you get a discount they will probably be alot cheaper from the dealer, also maybe try GSF... (ECP for some reason are not very competitive with genuine parts)