Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

Throttle bodies on valvers

What would be the typical power gain running throttle bodies on a standard 1.8 Kr engine?

Im thinking Bhp might increase but is that any good without a torque increase?

Ive been there already with the 50Mm and just noticed the engine got respy like a vtec noticed the loss in low end torque and the nice low pitch from the engine on my 1.8.

Ive since put back the 42 mil for this reason.

Not sure if it would go on your engine but fit a Lysholm supercharger instead, good power gain and if its noise your after this should suit nicely!!!!!

I agree a supercharger would be the ideal power source and I may at some stage take a serious look at fitting one, it would be however an expensive exercise relative to fitting throttle bodies and it this stage I am interested as to what can be gained from fitting them.

Im currently planning on fitting tbs on my valver but its by no means cheap.Im having an inlet manifold fabricated at the mo and il will be running megasquirt standalone fuel injection.Not sure on power gains but it will sounds nice!! also you can tune the toque characteristics by fitting longer trumpets to the tbs