Sign in to follow this  
ejmgt

hi quick question

hi i just joined and am looking to get an 16v 1.8

i have found one for sale and would just like your input on how much it is worth

its a 1.8 16v, G reg, midnight blue, full service history, everything electric works, totaly standard, 200k on the clock, just had a 600 service done. the only thing that donst work is the milometer its stopped at 170 cause the cable snapped and the guy hasnt had it fixed yet

i know the miles are high but its cause the owner has drivin it to the mother land a few times as well as france and italy, i dont belive its been thrashed cause the guy is about 60+ and has owned it for 10 years

n e idea on price would be great

many thanks

Ed

hi thanks for the welcome

the guy said he wasnt looking for over a grand, i thort about 700 due to the milage and the fact i would have to get a rebuild for peace of mind.

A car with high mileage but has been looked after should be ok. 1K sounds like quite a good deal but id start low and see where you go from there.

ok cheers fella, looking at insurence to cause im only just 20 wit no no-claims, but i will guess it will be around 1600 cause thats how much my g40 was with around 140bhp

My insurance is with Adrian Flux / ensign and they were half the price of anybody. But it depends on so many different things that the best thing is to just get as many quotes as poss.

There’s a thread on here somewhere that lists loads of Ins Co's, do a search for it.

i already know where i will get the insurance from cause i wont be modifying the car for abit n e way, well except for a engine rebuild