Sign in to follow this  
maff

G max suspension

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone has this suspension on there corrado vr6 and is it any good?, asking cause it seems quite cheap or would i be better off spending a little more on konis or fk' s, cheers :D

apex is also a budget make,,, and i found it really really good for the money on my G60

i think gmax has replacd jamex, which were on mine when i bought it,

had been on for over 4 years when the front springs snapped, the shocks were ok when i took `em off

but i put koni and h&r instead

the ride however was pretty good even when it had the 17`s on,

I've got gmax on my VR and think it's pretty good. Haven't compared it to koni setups etc but the ride height seems right and there's no rubbing on the standard 15's. Splitter and sump get regular adjustments though.

Handling's alot sharper now compared to worn standard. Only thing I have noticed is front seems noticably softer than the rear when going over speed bumps, which can result in bottoming out. Jamex kits on golfs I've had seemed more even. Obviously this isn't a major concern because it can be avoided by crawling over them, but do wonder whether the handling would be better if it was more even. Maybe the VR extra front weight wasn't taken into account..

"Only thing I have noticed is front seems noticably softer than the rear when going over speed bumps, which can result in bottoming out"

Cheers for replys guys, Rpmayne how hard is your suspension compared to original and how much roll do you when cornering hard?, thanks matt :D

The front feel stiffer than standard but not as much as the back seems to have been uprated. Cornering hard there isn't alot of roll but the roll bar is obviously helping out alot (standard). Going over bumps in the road straight I can regularly make it compress enough to scrape the front splitter.

Overall I'm happy with the handling, can provoke oversteer pretty easily which I like and touch wood so far hasn't been unpredictable. Just would like the front abit harder to stop it grounding out so much.