Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

Alt. light

Ive changed quite a few alternators on my corrado,i've been from a 60 to 90 amp and even retro fitted a 120 amp alternator of a vr6 model,all the alt.s are made by bosch, what iv'e never understood is why does the alternator warning light never go out on first start-up unless you rev the engine slightly?,as an experiment,i fitted a 120 amp alt. lifted off an Alfa romeo 164 v6,result?-instant charge with no warning lamp/led delay...,opinions please.

I got a new brush pack for my alternator because the diodes had gone, so was getting a very spikey output. But the new one i've put in does like you say... the light comes on until you rev to about 2000 rpm, was hoping it was the brushes settling in, but it has been about 4 months now, and still it comes on until i rev it! andy ideas anyone?

This happens on my mk1 gold cab, i`ve just converted it to G60 and still happens, maybe its common on all vw`s...