Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

electrics

anybody here good with the ol wiring? got a few q's about wiring up some stuff for the rado.

firstly i have to wire in my headunit and speakers, as far as i can tell the dash speakers arent wired in, could somebody tell me how to get at the speakers themselves and what colours the wires *should be.

the interior lights work but only when i manually switch them on not when i open the door. its the same for either switch its either on or off via switch not via door.

remvoing the dash cluster to put in new leds? how do i get the sodding unit out and what should i watch out for (length of time taken to remove and add leds?)

and lastly! how difficult would it be wire in a strip of leds and have them lightin up in sequence left>right or even right>left constantly? im no electrician so use really simple words :D

no i havent gone all chav on you i promise the scanning led idea (to me at least) seems like some good fun and a chance to get a bit handier with electrics. and no i wont tell you what its for lets just say i watched jonothan orss the other night and remembered something cool ;)

the interior lights work but only when i manually switch them on not when i open the door. its the same for either switch its either on or off via switch not via door.

----------------------------

take out the plungers inside the door ,make sure they have wires and are earthing, check fuses

remvoing the dash cluster to put in new leds? how do i get the sodding unit out and what should i watch out for (length of time taken to remove and add leds?)

------------------------------

i can only tell you about the VR but yours is probably similar, drop the steering wheel as low as it will go , pull out the small qarter tabs on either side of the bottom of the dash pod remove the screws ,two screws up inside the top of the dash, then the pod will come out , then you'll see four screws take these out and the dash will pull forward ,unplug the loom and lift out ,20mins approx, 2nd time you do it 10 mins

leds to where the back lighting or lcd's ? backlighting you can buy leds that plug straight in , 20mins to do

budget a couple of hours and you'll be fine

and lastly! how difficult would it be wire in a strip of leds and have them lightin up in sequence left>right or even right>left constantly? im no electrician so use really simple words

the sort of strip leds your on about you can get from lots of shops ,ebay etc

very easy to wire in, you will only want it on when your not in the car i imagine , pm me when you get it and i'll tell you ,only two wires