Sign in to follow this  
fire&iceG60

manifolds

hi i have been looking at manifolds for my golf mk2 g60 and was wondering which i should get. i have been looking at supersprint one's on tsr but then i saw tsr's 4 into 1 manifold they do. which is the best to pic out off these 2 or are there beter makes. cheers.

i have just had some information about a jmr iflow manifold does anyone use these and can you tell me what they are like. thankyou.

this is not because i dont belive what you claim 16vg60 just would like some other input on it. thankyou.

I've got one on J-DUB...

It's nicely made, much bigger internal bore and fits nicely without catching on anything...

Can't tell you what kind of difference it's made 'cos I did another few grands worth of work while the car was apart when I fitted it... :|

does it give a near standard sound or do you have a full system. did you get the extra porting done.

what is the difference from a 4 into 1 and a 4 2 1. apart from the number off pipes :D

cheers

can't comment on sound either as I changed A LOT of the engine... including toothed belt drive for the charger which kinda drowns out any other noises! :oops: :lol:

4:1 is manifold and pipes all in one (normally) which can increase torque due to the lenghts of the headers before they all join together...

The G60 has a 2 output manifold as standard and then the downpipe converts it to a single output, so is basically a 4:2:1 system...

To get any real advantage out of a high flow downpipe you REALLY need to get the exhaust manifold ported and flowed too...

so if the 4:1 increases torque. will the 4:2:1 do the same been a high flow system. how long have you had your manifold on for and have you had any problems. cheers

I've had the manifold fitted to the car for over a year now... although she got written off late October... :(

No problems with it during that time though...8)

The 4:1 will have longer tubes on it which is why it'll make better torque... it's the length of the tubes that makes the difference (I have no idea why, I just know that's how it works to a point... :| ) The hi-flow will help with torque, just not quite to the same level as a 4:1 will...

The best bit about the hi-flow down pipe is that it retains some of the flexibility of the original so won't crack which is something that 4:1 pipes tend to suffer from unless you use VERY stiff engine mounts... :|