Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Just had my tracking done - do these figures look ok?

Given the fact its been done on one of them computer programs i'd say its fine, as these things have all the settings in the system. However i cant remember the settings and i've not go the bentley manual CD rom to hand

The front camber should be even both sides. For a vr6 I think the standard setting is 1degree 12 minutes though it works well if you go for slightly more than that, up to about 1degree 42 minutes.

The rest of it looks reasonable.

Opps missed the chamber on the front. Had my chamber adjusted last year, wasnt far out before, but enough to kill the front tyres.

This from bentley.....

Front axle

Total toe

(wheels not pressed) 0 +-10'

Camber (at straight-ahead position) -1 20' +-20'

maximum permissible difference between right and left maximum 20'

Toe angle difference at 20 lock between left and right -1 30' +-20'

Caster (not adjustable) +3 25' +-30'

maximum permissible difference between both sides maximum 30'

Rear axle

Camber (not adjustable) -1 30' +-10'

maximum permissible difference between both sides maximum 20'

Total toe (not adjustable) +20' +-10'

maximum permissible difference between both sides maximum 25'

Agree with Joe M as OK except the left. Left camber is to far out for a VR6 and it's power. The right front is OK and more desirable with a stiffened suspension. You'll get inside tyre wear above the norm with the left on that setting. Ideal with stiffened suspension is -1' 10" and -1'20" on a normal VW suspension for a VR6. (Other engine sizes vary from this).

The back figures although not balanced are quite normal for any C leaving the factory new.

Toe should ideally be 0.00 to 0.02 toe out but that will get changed if you move the left side camber back to -1'10" to -1'20" depending on the suspension as above. So if you do change the left camber, ask the toe to be set to a slight toe out (+1').

VR6 is very sensitive to variations as wide as the Bentley above...... I've had one inner bald tyre to the fabric inside 100 miles at 70mph due to setting the front on opposite extremes and a combination of hot tyres one side due to the sun and cold on the other side in the shadow. Basically that day, the right front drove true and dragged the left pointing out left along the motorway (as the tracking was +6" toe out combined with too much camber) due to different adhesion levels due to cold and warm tyres.

(Garages - Nottingham way!).

The above left camber problem you have won't generate this.