Sign in to follow this  
PeteL

Looked at a corrado yday...

hi guys, i need some :help:

went to look a 1990 16v yesterday, the car was pretty tidy with good bodywork and engine, all electrics working and loads of history. However there were a few points that i thought id check with you lot before i go back to the guy, so let me know your opinions on the following points and tell em if they are easily sorted or if i should leave the car well alone!

1) power steering worked ok but made noise when turning alot and especially at full lock. (is this just a fluid top up or is it likely to be more serious? if so how much etc)

2) The spoiler worked fine but was a little noisy went returning to its start position. (normal?)

3) alternator was a little noisy on start up.

thanks guys any help and advice much appreciated.

pete

The spoiler will just be dry, mine was like that when i got it despite the car just having a full dealer service, bit of silicon spray on the runners should make it noise free again.

The other two and hard to say, could just be dry belts or under-tensioned so they are slipping... but then again you could be looking at a new alternator and PAS pump! - did you check the belts at all?

Have you driven many other Corrado's?? - reason I ask is that most that i've driven (but not all) seem to have noisy pas pumps especially noticably on full lock - It's worth checking the correct (green) fluid have been used - Red ATF fluid will destroy the steering rack seals.