Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Powder coating - recommendations

I was just wondering as I don't have time to do it myself - can't afford to take the time off at the moment.

Is there anywhere in the South East that will take my car and take all the bits off I ask them to and blast + powder coat them?

Basically everything from under the car that comes off

How much do you rekon that would cost? - just getting an idea

Would it be better to slowly buy new parts and get them powder coated and fit them at my own pace?

It would be nice to have the car nearly weather proof don't you think!?

Just my random thoughts of the day....

I was just wondering as I don't have time to do it myself - can't afford to take the time off at the moment.

Is there anywhere in the South East that will take my car and take all the bits off I ask them to and blast + powder coat them?

Basically everything from under the car that comes off

How much do you rekon that would cost? - just getting an idea

Would it be better to slowly buy new parts and get them powder coated and fit them at my own pace?

It would be nice to have the car nearly weather proof don't you think!?

Just my random thoughts of the day....

bring it up to the Radford garage some time over the summer and leave it with me for a week and we'll get it sorted for not alot off £££..

B

Ohyeah, I forgot about that thread, I even replied some useless post on there.

I want to drop my car off somewhere though for them to do everything, I don't want to take bits off my car, take them to a blasters, then to a powder coaters, then refit the stuff as I only have the one car don't want to be without it for too long.

Ah Benjamin! That sounds cool!!!!

I want everything under the car black except the anti roll bar to be bright red - going with my Devil theme!

Red badge, Red Beru Leads, L666COR plate hehehe - yeah I'm sad

I need some floor mats with a red Corrado emblum also, might try that just Mats place.

Ben - Do you rekon I need to buy any new parts other than a few nuts and bolts that snap on the way?

Ohyeah, I forgot about that thread, I even replied some useless post on there.

I want to drop my car off somewhere though for them to do everything, I don't want to take bits off my car, take them to a blasters, then to a powder coaters, then refit the stuff as I only have the one car don't want to be without it for too long.

Sorry matey, yeah I read the *whole* of your post a moment ago as opposed to just seeing "powder coat" and searching for that one :roll:

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a 50 quid car with barely any MOT/tax to thrash around in while it's getting done though :twisted:

Ah Benjamin! That sounds cool!!!!

I want everything under the car black except the anti roll bar to be bright red - going with my Devil theme!

Red badge, Red Beru Leads, L666COR plate hehehe - yeah I'm sad

I need some floor mats with a red Corrado emblum also, might try that just Mats place.

Ben - Do you rekon I need to buy any new parts other than a few nuts and bolts that snap on the way?

Its a big job mate, you have to pretty much dismantal the whole car! Well underneith at any rate. What do you want doing... a few ideas below:

Front subframe + rad support,

main front subframe,

wishbones,

front hubs,

steering rack,

rear axle + mounts,

fuel tank straps,

fuel pump bracket,

etc etc

Might be worth while getting new bushes through out as we will need to push them out before sand blasting + powder coating... I would suggest some poly bushes purley for the reason that they are easy to put in as you don't need a press, but I know someone with a press who could do it for us for a few notes if you want originals in there.

Better make it 2 weeks and you will need to help dismantle the car!