Sign in to follow this  
dannyc

something else i've found...

took the mats out to hoover it out and found that the carpets wet :?

wasn't expecting this from a C, its common on rs turbos cos the battery tray goes and lets it in.

i didn't bother lifting the carpets cos i didn't expect it from a newer car.

the boot is also wet but i think thats probably coming through the lights seal. i had this on my old turbo when i changed the lights and not the seals.

is there a comon place for C's to leak?

its had a new front screen fitted and the seal is loose in places so thats what i'm suspecting at the mo. i'm also thinking thats whats causing the wind noise whilst on the motorway.

if the outer seal of the screen is loose it means the screen is set to low in the car, it only takes the window to slide down a tiny bit for the screen seal to not sit correctly. In reality the screen is sealed by the glue its held in with.

One thing to check is the heater intake. the seal round there is foam and known to break up, wipe the cover off, remove the old seal and using a clear bathroom sealant reseal the cover. use plenty of the stuff and dont press it down to hard. Also clear the dust and leaves from the drain holes use the car vac at the local car wash. while your at it do the one in the other side and the tiny hole inside the petrol flap, just below the cap.

Visually check the seal around the boot lid. The lights are sure to be the reason for the wet boot. Unless you have the Corrado badge missing.