Sign in to follow this  
bigbluec

Spoiler Trying For Retirement......

Hi Guys...and Girls,

Sorry for yet another spoiler question but i have read every single post in the search section using spoiler+relay and none seem to relate to my problem, so here goes.

My spoiler does activate itself at sbout 50 as it should but doesn't always go fully up or always go completely down.

The manual switch also works but when you hold it either up or down the spoiler will suddenley stop as if the fuse has blown, if you take your finger off the switch and re-apply it, it will begin to work again.

So is it likely that the relay/control module is packing up?

Also the spoiler is well lubed :wink: and clean and no i havent put in a new stereo or played with any blue/white wires!

Time to take the boot hatch cover off and try the spoiler manually with the handle. you can turn it by hand, maybe it has a stiff spot somewhere. that could be a cool place to start.

What did you lube it with? WD40 and the like can actually hamper spoiler movement - best to use white grease! Like your Avatar by the way! 8)

Cheers Boj!

I've always used Silicone spray on it, normally once a month.

But the thing is it's almost like a circuit breaker popping effect! if you know what i mean?! you press it it works then stops press it again and it works.

So was wondering if the controller or relay was on its way out?