Sign in to follow this  
dinger657

fk coilovers

got some fk coilovers, need to lower the back, i have the two hook shaped spannners, was just wandering how i do this, do i just take the wheels off and wind then down or is it a bit more complicated?

cheers

matt

ps im a car mong not very good with tools!

Ok, I assume that they're already on the car? :lol:

Wheel off (if necessary) and then move the bottom collar - might need to turn them both at the same time in opposite directions in order to do so.

Set to desired height, tighten the collars against each other and then go for a drive. Let springs settle and re-assess height.

i just did mine and im no mechanic but found it really simple just be sure to measure the drop both sides

yeah its as simple as that mate , undo the lock ring and adjust to the height you want

i would advise you to cover the exposed threads on the shock with some tape as the have a tight thread and get very dirty which in time makes them very difficult to adjust

measure from a fixed point on the bottom of the shock to ensure the both shocks are set equal