Sign in to follow this  
Waz

corrado blues

hi all this is my first thread so bare with me i have a corrado 1.8 16v on a g plate its dark green metalic and its bone 208'000 miles ( i think i will call it the enterprise ) i recently backed my rado into a guy at work and there was a dent in the wheel arch and in front of the rear light when i took it to a body shop to see what would be the repair method for insurance purposes he said they would just fill. so heres the problem the rear quarter is rusty around the filler hole and is badly in need or repair and the passenger side has rust coming thrugh as well.the body shop manager said that my insurance would not allow the replacment of the drivers side pannel so i am going to withdraw my claime he quoted me £600 per side to repair ( not including price for pannels £445 per side ) so i dont know what to do do i fork out and get it fixed or do i break it.i love my raddo and i think it would breake my heart to get rid of it i have spent a few quid doing the car up eg vr black leather and almost new every thing so any help or views would be very much appreciated.and about forgor just put my car in for an mot on fri got a phone call telling me they had f****d my bonnet so thay are replacing the bonnet this happened within 3 weeks of each other thanks for reading and thanks for any thoughts :?

make sure they get the right bonnet for a start :|

sounds a bit expensive for body repair especially as i was quoted £1200 for a full strip down and respray

even for replacing the rear quarter pannels?

if so does any one know a good body shop in scotland preferably near fife?

replacing rear 1/4 pannels is bit extreme, most rust spots can be repaired or cut out, and if its not badly dented surely the dent can be pulled out and smoothed over, can you show us a picture?