Sign in to follow this  
VR Zen

Found a cheap G60

can i have some feed back please, i found a red G60 on a H plate, the guy at first wanted £1700 for it and i thought i might buy it for the wife as she uses my VR and g60 alot for work and the VR has to much power for her.... i thought it was time she had a car of her own to clean instead of me doing all the time :roll:

anyway it has not much history, 85,000 mile old mots and passenger door needs a new door skin due to ppl not looking what they are doing, :x it has some colour fading insome place because of the colour red and the seats inside is pretty much good as new. He had owned the car for 5 years and only done around 7000 miles since having it.... anyway i got the car down to £1500 in the end and said i would get back to him...

So what do you think, i was lucky to have most of the work on my current c work carried out already so, not too sure what i have to spend to get it up to the mark i want like the supercharger etc..

cheers !

snap his hand off!!..........if it is genuine miles then £1500 is a steal.........ok you'll have to replace a door skin and some paint and get the g-lader rebuilt but on most g-60's you'd have to have the charger done anyway......but if you budget for £3k(inc purchase)then you'll have one hell of a nice G-60 8) with most of the bits(if not all)sorted

yes being a steal is for real, i don't want to spend loads on mods just try and keep it basic as possible...Do you know who has the cheapest price for a stage 4 ? i have a mate who took his c to jabba, but from what he tells me they are too expensive !! :shock:

yes being a steal is for real, i don't want to spend loads on mods just try and keep it basic as possible...Do you know who has the cheapest price for a stage 4 ? i have a mate who took his c to jabba, but from what he tells me they are too expensive !! :shock:

sorry VR Zen don't know actual prices(think approx £500-ish or just over) but best getting it done by either jabba or ???pit-stop developments????......have a look at other threads on the forum about getting the charger re-built for a better idea of who's the best place for getting it done.......or ask john(16vg60) or darren(8vg60) for their recommendations

here's a wee link to a thread with some discussion on it regarding the charger

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2382

i guess i have to do my researchiing again, for prices!

what do you other ppl think a good buy or not ? :?

Sounds very cheap - have you driven it yet ?? Is the mileage genuine (check mot's & for wear on drivers seat backrest) ?? Any oil leaks or nasty noises from engine ?? A lot of early Corrado's had their speedo's changed under warranty - has the car got a service book ??

Machine polishing should bring your paint back to life - red cars always turn pink with age.

true.. very cheap for a g60 i would be budgeting on doing some maintenance on this car if i were you as it does sound a little too cheap ?

Hi. That sounds a little to good to be true milage wise. Worth doing an HPI check. I would expect it have a little more service history with low milage. If it has only done 85k buy it. When tidied up it will be a desireable example with milage that low.

Dave

I would certainly budget for cambelt, plugs, dizi-cap rotor arm, charger rebuild, engine mounts (maybe) knock sender (probably), shocks all round, disks/pads all round, brake fluid change (when was it done last?) just to be sure that it is all together before you really need to drive it.

How long is the MOT? Worth getting the seller to get a new one.....would at least show any faults up even if they are only advisories.

Remember the MOT is the minimum maintainance you should need for running you car legally on the road. You should strive for much higher than this......

John.

I would certainly budget for cambelt, plugs, dizi-cap rotor arm, charger rebuild, engine mounts (maybe) knock sender (probably), shocks all round, disks/pads all round, brake fluid change (when was it done last?) just to be sure that it is all together before you really need to drive it.

How long is the MOT? Worth getting the seller to get a new one.....would at least show any faults up even if they are only advisories.

Remember the MOT is the minimum maintainance you should need for running you car legally on the road. You should strive for much higher than this......

John.

While you're doing that lot, don't forget new rear calipers and flexy (braided?) hoses all round... :)

May also be worth doing new front calipers too if you can get 'em for a reasonable price... :?

Just my thoughts... 8)

Ok chaps thanks for the feedback, we had another look at it this evening and this time i went with a friend. The car has had the service book stamped until 60000 something miles and than up to the current miles have had another garage who done the servicing, so not bad my guess. :o he also showed me the old MOTS and other bills for repairs..............so it does have some history after all

i guess spending 2k getting it how i want it will have to be spent, so i might have a rethink as another cheap one has come up but with a lot less miles 54k with fsh but a grand more.... 8)

so i will have to see ...............but be quick as well

Whichever one you go for, get yer supercharger rebuilt as a matter of great urgency. Cost anywhere between £500 - £900 depending on how fast you want to go.

Jabbasport R1 & induction kit on mine :lol:

Yes, the charger on the other car was done by jabba to stage 4 when we bought the car, but now i will be looking for pitstop developments,Gwerks or pdm to do the blower, as we have a small budget to keep too for her in doors....

i can't really make my mind up until, really i see the other car so its a hard choice to decided