Sign in to follow this  
Roger Blassberg

Key/Alarm Fob

I have the VW standard remote control for central locking/total closure/alarm arming, supplied by Scorpion I believe. Rectangular fob with two buttons on the front, a slider switch on one side and a 3-pin socket on the opposite side.

One fob works, the other, spare, doesn't. I have replaced the battery, the LED lights up, the local "expert" says it is emitting a signal, but obviously not the right one because it doesn't talk to the car.

VAG aren't interested, so no surprises there. It sounds as though it needs to be re-programmed.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Best wishes

RB

I had the same system on my car (VW Scorpion 5000). Sometimes the fob used to lose the signal and wouldn't open the car/switch the alarm off so I was told to point the fob at the radiator and hold the button until the car opened. You might want to try this first as it may be a common problem with this alarm system.

try holding the arm button down or if there are two buttons then hold both this works as a scan for some alarm fobs

Fellas, Scorpion bits can be obtained from 01257 249 928. I think they are called electro systems.

Gavin

Try Timpsons (the shoe repairers) - they are pretty good with alarm fobs and are fairly knowledgable, they wil either send it away or if it's old enough you may be able to replave it with a 'learning' remote which you can program from the working one (I got 2 for £50)

New fob received Saturday morning, £41 all in...... obviously a different casing to the standard VW fob. But more importantly works perfectly. Top marks to Electro Systems and Gav.

Dave