Sign in to follow this  
whiteee

Locks...

Im sure this has been answered before but couldnt find it using the search - CAN YOU USE MK2 GOLF LOCKS ON A CORRADO?

Doors / tailgate / ignition / glovebox ???

What does and doesnt work?

Cheers in advance... probably to henny!

Whats broken, I had knackered door locks ( different keys ) when a got my g60 2 years ago. The boot and the inigition were fine. You can buy new barrells from vw for about a £10 each and they can make them up to any key for about another £10, i think that is what i was charged. i.e all locks now use the same key

CHeers

Woody

whiteee, The barrels may be the same as a MKII golf for the door locks, but as Woody says, it's easier to get the locks from VAG and have them made up to your key... ;)

The barrels are available seperately for doors and glove box, but you need to buy a complete boot lock and it's way easier to buy and fit the complete steering lock mounting and barrel in one go as there's then no drilling required and you're left with a secure steering lock rather than one you can simply stick a screwdriver into a hole to pull the lock out of... :|

ahhhh... well i have 2 keys, one for drivers door and the other does everything else (i.e. passenger door, ignition and glovebox) except the tailgate.

Anyone know the part numbers for these (drivers door and tailgate lock)? Is it possible to change the barrels myself?

Yeah, i've just changed one of my door locks (very easy) to make it suit therest of the locks. In your cae it may be easiest to re-do the drivers door (Like I've just had to do :D ) and then order the boot lock to suit the rest of the locks (if thats pos..... anybody?)

Adam