Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

Juddering

I have some juddering seems like its coming from the nearside front wheel, i can feel it through the steering wheel, more so on acceleration, sometimes theres a clunking noise coming from the same place, sometimes when i change gear, or pull away at an angle

I've recentely changed the hubs and did'nt tighten the hub nuts up to 195, which i relised i had to do afterwards, so i've tightend them up as much as i can tighten them and the problem is still there, still only coming from one side though, could running the hub nuts not tightend up properlly knacker the bearing so quickly?, they were brand new when i put them on, or could the problem lie somewhere else, there is no wineing sound, which i thought you got with a bearing if its on its way out

did you use a new hub bolt when tighteng back??

ithink i rember it`s a good idea

my pass side fromt wheel came loose on the way to leeds a couple of years ago it was almost finger loose!!!!

think they should be changed everytime they`re undone just for peace of mind for me really dont want it happening again

have you jacked your car up and tried to wobble the whell by hand, or get some one to look at the wheels whilst your driving as you could see mine moving, just to rule it out

no mate my buddy in leeds spotted it when i pulled up, he said the wheel was wobbling, so jacked it up and you could waggle side to side on the hub!!!!

tightened it back up but got a new fitted when i got home

pretty lucky i reckon as id driven non stop from anglesey!!

my bearing hasnt been changed in 50k that i know of and the bolt coming loose was 20k ago so no damage on mine

otherwise things i`d think to check are driveshafts and cv joints etc assuming you havent already

ben

I have exactly the same thing mate. I'm guessing its the cv joint, if you look through the engine bay you can see it has allen key bolts running around it. Somebody on here told me to check these are done up tight. Thats this weekends job......i let you know how i get on!!!

CV joint, inner or outer and maybe the bottom ball joint. Check your wheel bolts too if you haven't already.

Gavin