Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

Tell me more about Honda Prelude 2.2 VTECs..

You don't have to take the engine out to change the chains on the Fiat, and can be done for £400.

I would have to agree with the s14a, it's not really an out and out performance car as was mentioned, it's actually very refined not to mention tuneable.

I'm in two minds with the fiat, vfm it is still very good, you can't deny that, it is slightly quicker in a straight line than a vr but then everyone says the vr has slightly better handling, but the fiat can be taken up to 260bhp very easily so swings and round abouts.

I think the prelude is a good car but not as involving as the VR. I went in one and thought it was pretty good, but the power is spread over more revs so as was said, you won't get that shove in the back like in a VR.

I also think that S2K is a cracker despite the love it or hate it attitude adopted by most people. 239bhp out of n/a 2.0, can't think of any other cars that can beat that bhp per litre, sort out the exhaust, air filter and a hondata and it will be a little rocket.

My choice would be

1)VR

2)S14A

3)20VT Fiat

4)Prelude

was thinking about that Alfa the other day as it happens, I know it has had a bit of stick over the handling but I think that engine more than makes up for it. Also totally not the same car but I am quite liking those Honda Accord 3.0 V6's as a mile mucher.

Cheers guys.. I think the prelude is looking like a winner. Remember this is a stop gap so reliablity, running costs and resale are just as important to me as balls out performance.

As for the others;

Fiat - sorry, I know they're fast but can't see anything else appealing

Alfa - Nice but resale and depreciation / reliabilty puts me off

Im now looking for a low mileage late model, in dark paint, with leather and manual! Not much to ask surely ;)

definitley get the late model, I never really liked the earlier ones, well maybe in 1993 or something but they haven't aged nearly as well as something like a Corrado.