Sign in to follow this  
HyDeZaLoT

I Finally Got My Corrado.... and it needs some help...

Okay, to start, I've wanted this vehicle for years, i didn't care which year of the slc it was, it just had to be a corrado slc... so finally, i found one for right around $4k... so i got it (yeay!! cheers of applause and happiness fill my head)

The guy who owned it knew little about wiring. the car has about 8-9 wires coming off of each terminal of the battery (yes it has a system, which is wired just as badly) and under the dash, there are dozens of wires that lead to nothing and are just hanging there. I'd love to get this thing back to stock (esp as far as the wiring goes) so that i can get stuff done right. He put a crappy little 'custom' box in the trunk with his amps and then a boxed sub (only thing that looks decent) and a 10-disc cd-changer in the back seat... i'll be ripping out all of this and replacing it once i get the basics working.

okay, now for the fun stuff... the issues with it: (corrado pro's plz help)

also, forgot to add that while i have wanted this car for years, i've never been able to do more then look at them on the net and drool, so i am totally unfamiliar with this car... i have the 4 inch thick factory repair guide, but still wouldn't mind it if you guys treat me like a newb (at least for this post) TIA

1. Power Windows/Locks Don't work - And when i tried to check the fuse panel i couldn't find what fuses would have caused this. also, the lights on the power window controls are still lit. As for the locks, i have to figure out what was done to them seeing as neither of the knobs are actually attached to anything in the door. and even when i lock the car from the outside, nothing else locks, only the door i lock does...

2. Windshield Wipers - The passenger side wiper doesn't move at all and the drivers side one moves like 6 inches and then goes back down... also, the control for the wipers will only work in the up position, if i move the control down, it does nothing.

3. No turn signal - I don't understand why, but the signals don't work at all.. inside or outside... and the cruise control (on the same stick) does work..

4. Custom Steering wheel - there is a custome (i think its momo) wheel on the car and the steering shaft is obviously not the stock one.. there is like a little plastic accordian looking thing b/t the junction of the controls and the wheel itself.. however, whenever i move the wheel, it sounds like there is a massive amt of scraping going on right in that area

5. Speedometer Sticks - It is rare (from the one day i've been driving it) but it usually happens when i'm decelerating. the speedo will stick at a certain speed for a while and then suddenly adjust to the correct speed. its happened a few times when accelerating, but mostly just when slowing down.

6. A/C - well, it cools the air a little bit, i'm just wondering if i can use the stuff u buy at an autozone to fill it or if i need to get it converted over

7. Seatbelt Light - It never goes off, it doesn't matter if i have my lap belt on or not, its still lit and is annoying... (humph!)

that's all that i can think of for tonite, so if anyone knows anything i can try or can check on, let me know... i'll be getting pix up soon of some of the issues. And to all: Thanks In Advance

I think I can help you with this, i changed my wheel for a MOMO.

Between the wheel and the control stalks is the boss, the adaptor that allows you to fit a non standard wheel to the car. The end of the boss that fixes to the steerin column (not steering wheel side) has a small plastic stalk that sicks out from its surface, this is to cancel the turn signal once you turn the wheel back to the centre. I believe this is what is making the scraping noise as mine did the same.

The wheel should be straight forward enough to remove from the boss, (its hard to advise as there are many after market wheels out there, mine has six allen key bolts under the horn cover) the boss is then attached to the steering column by (i think) a 19mm nut, remove this and remove the boss, make sure that the stalk on the boss is pushed in all the way and is on the correct side and replace boss and wheel. This should sort the problem.

Make sure the wheels are dead straight before removing the steering wheel other wise it may be hard to get it back on exactly straight.

If it doesn't cure it or you cant be bothered with the hassle its not a serious problem.

Yep, It's 24mm and also a good idea to stick a bit of grease on the boss and also to collumn switches...

The no turn signals may be a faulty relay... In fact most of your problems sound like electrical gremlins so check for bad earths, loose wires etc....

yeah, i took it into an authorized place and he is getting it all fixed up for me... as far as the steering wheel, i took it off and put some gear grease over the ring and have had no issues with the sound yet...

thanx for the suggestions