Sign in to follow this  
sane

run on fan

my vr6 water temps. heats up at standstill, all the way to 105c before high speed fan cuts in, (no low speed fan) but only for a few seconds before stopping for a minute before another short blast. i think this due to faulty thermo switch, and will replace it to see. however i have no run on fan when the engine is shut down, again there might be a faulty sensor involved here.

how do you check this ? what does this sensor look like?

pumps running, i can hear it ! and top/bottom hoses get hot so tempstat should be ok.

appreciate a bit of feedback on this.

thanks, sane

I have the same problem on my G60, no one apparently knows, I have replace the themoswitch, wiring harness, relays, switches, and fuses, the only thing I have if fan after-run on switch that no one carries

yours does sound like the thermoswitch tho being that your fan actually turns on period. mine doesnt.

replace the thermoswitch with a low temp one before doing anything else.

sorted the thermoswitch with a 85/93 degree c. now working fine. still need to sort the run on.

someone tell me where to locate it on the engine, how to test it and where i can get a replacement, is it gsf/euro or vag?

thanks to those who helped diagnose the thermoswitch prob.

sane