Sign in to follow this  
2cc

Random Windows

Don't really like to ask, and its not a C, but.........

Not sure best place to post, but opting for the 'secure' bit.

Daughter in law's 4 door P reg Golf GL in Monmouth (so not too handy for me to look at it) with c/l and a 'typical' VAG alarm (don't know the model till I get my hands on the thing).

With alarm set, the rear driver's side window (the others always stay closed) will randomly open; sometimes only 1/2 inch, sometimes fully. Happens more often in hot weather.

All windows open/close normally using interior switches and using the door key function.

The alarm doesn't have the full or window closure function so I don't reckon it can be a problem with that.

Also don't suspect a pneumatic leak as would expect that to affect the whole system rather than one window only.

So probably an electrical snag. These intermittent things can be a real pita to trace, but I'm assuming that the Golf and C have the same c/l system, so just wondered if anyone has had a similar snag and can offer any suggestions before I plan a day trip.

Cheers all