Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

adjusting the air to fuel ratio, should probably sticky this

ok as we all know corrados have their issues here and there.

one issue people bring up all the time is are they running too rich or are they running to lean. I have been one to realize that I am running too rich all the time. I would like to know if anyone has a archived thread of how to adjust the air to fuel ratio. If not will someone go through the steps with me?

How do I adjust the air to fuel ratio on my 1990 US G60?

now I expect all the moderators to wake up cause its 2 in the morning there and because they have little implants in their heads telling them *new post*...:lol:

cheers fellas get some sleep. :)

afr is adjusted using the co potentiometer on the boost tube.. ideally with a wideband lambda.

Not much point stickying this as there's not really a whole wealth of information available. Probably already answered somewhere before as well :)

No offense to Darren or Crisps though.

The Co Pot will only adjust idle and some part throttle driving. The only way to correct the fuelling under full throttle to redline is by either altering the fuel map on the chip or by changing the pressure on the regulator etc.

excellent! that means the new ECU should fix things?... are you guys sure about this.... cause this is another thread where this guy is trying to adjust the air to fuel...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 164#284164

I also have unburnt fuel (blackness) all along the exhaust and in the cat as well...

I am not sure but I think ure supposed to adjust the ratio with the co pot...

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am burning too much fuel for not going anywhere that quickly... can I do this with the co pot, or do I have to rely on the ECU and lambda sensor? I know you can adjust it manually, I just need to know how to do it...

if you are trying to adjust your afr @ idle the co pot will do this anything from 12.1:1 - 16.1:1 in the other thread the guy is asking how to set his mixture at idle not afr, All i have told him is how to get the afr to a stoichamectric valve at idle of 14.7:7 and when have i ever said before for people to go read the bently manual ?? :roll: