Sign in to follow this  
SCFC LOL

Rear spoiler

Fitted a new head unit in the car and the spoiler dosent work any more is there a blue and white wire i have forgot or something. i have read that it can be related to this . thanks :(

yup, there's a blue wire with a white trace on it that's at the back of the stereo. This MUST NOT be connected or grounded else the spoiler will not work automatically.

I seem to have 2 wires that i'd describe as blue with white on them, i need to take a pulse to the Nav unit, hope it won't stop the spoiler working

Chris

Have to do the same thing for my new nav unit! Surely using a diode in-line on the b/w wire would stop it affecting the spolier?

I'm confused, the wire transmits a pulsed signal to what ever receives it and the nav unit in no way sends any signal so why should it not work?

Are we guessing here or does someone know thier stuff on this topic?

Chris

I tried it with my old headunit.....the spoiler worked properly with the headunit turned off.....but as soon as I turned the radio on, the spoiler just retracted, and stayed that way!!!

I don't see why the HU was sending any signal either though?

it's not sending a signal, it's earthing the signal out so that the spoiler control unit no longer gets the signal to know what speed it's doing... ;)

OR: if you connect it to the blue connector on the back of the stereo, you're putting 12V down the wire when the stereo is on which wipes out the pulses so, again, the control unit has no idea WTF is going on... ;)

Chris VR6nos, what's the input on the NAV rated at? IE. is there a resistance or voltage/ampage requirement for the wire that gives the pulse? I'd be very suprised if it wasn't designed to work with the blue/white wire... 8)