Sign in to follow this  
Ad's 16v

Infinity Basslink (Stopped Working)

I've had the Basslink in the car for nearly a year now and all of a sudden this afternoon it stopped working?????????? I checked all the fuses both on the back of the Basslink and the In-line fuse in the engine bay (Both of which are fine) as far as i can see all the wiring is in good order and connected up.

So if anyone can shed any light on why it won't work then please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Ads

Does it remain lit as if its getting power, but just doesn't work?

Ok.. I just wondered.

My Basslink suddenly stopped working one day.. no sound coming out of it despite the power LED still being lit. Rather than faff around with it I just replaced it with a new one.

Silly question but have you changed the fuse on it? IIRC there is one built into the unit on the side by all the connectors that you can just pop out and replace..

No. It's just stopped working?

You sould have a fuse near the battery check that, if not get a meter and check the voltage is going into the unit

Like i said i've checked all the fuses all seem okay. I'll just have to check if there's any voltage going to the unit. Maybe tonight after work.

also check that there's 12V on the blue wire from the stereo... could be that the stereo's stopped giving the switch on feed...

Okay guys there is deffinetly power there. But as i was driving over to mates this afternoon i'd realised what i'd done.....................VVVVVVVV :oops: . After fitting my new M3 style rear lights yesterday i'd undone the earth strap to the basslink as it was attached to the rear of the lights and i didn't realise until it was to late so it had been turned on without being earhted :oops: How F****** P***** off am I, Stupid F***** rooky mistake.

Enough about that, the fact still remains that it obviously didn't overload as neither of the fuses blew (or you'd have thought they would have done?) and as a result i took the amp apart and there didn't seem to be any signs of any fires etc. but i don't really know what i'm looking for....................... So again any ideas???

Please, (

Or i'll have to end up buying a new one, which i can't really afford right now)

Ads.

if it wasn't earthed then it shouldn't have damaged anything... I take it you've now reconnected the earth and it still not working?

You guess right............ I've phoned Car Audio Security and they've put me onto the guys who do the servicing of the Basslinks for them so i'm going to try and get them to have a look. I opened it up last night and had a quick look, but i couldn't see anything wrong with it (No burning etc.) So i'm not really sure what's wrong with it.

So if you have any other ideas Henny, i'd love to hear them. Any trip switches etc?????

Ads

Okay guys, Latest news is, i've reconnected the earth onto one of the proper earthing straps in the car and it's working again now....................Panic over.

Thanks anyway

Ads