Sign in to follow this  
bix

Black plugs :(

Hi, I've recently put 68mm pulley, red tops and sns s5 chip in my g60, it seems to be running ok but maybe not quite right, and the spark plugs are black with carbon, tho when I meter the lambda probe I can see it cycling at idle somwhere around 0.1-0.7v, and its pretty much bang on 0.7v while driving with foot down, and it never goes above 0.7v while driving. CO pot is set 500ohms, timing is just under 6 degress probably, to stop it pinking, BTS meters ok, engine grounds seem ok.

Any ideas, anything else I should be checking? Oh the plugs are w6dpo BTW

Cheers

Ryan

I think you want W5 DPO's for your setup really but that won't be the problem...

Check your battery voltage, if you don't get the correct amount at the fuel rail plug the ECU dumps more fuel in...

The W5s run hotter and keep themselves cleaner. Setting your co pot to 500 ohms is just a nominal setting that suits most motors. No substitute for using a proper gas tester.

Try Weakening the mixture a bit. I think that'll be anti clockwise, do a turn at a time and see what happens. At least with your meter you can go right back to where you were.

If he is using a digital meter the sample rate is prolly too slow to catch everything that the probes does. Only a moving coil meter or oscilloscope would show the real deal.

When I did mine it didn't go over .8

Gavin