Sign in to follow this  
MickeyT

Running temps with Golf g60 intercooler??

Looking for a bit of advice from those that have Golf G60 intercoolers fitted to their C's.

After some recent over heating issues all now seems to be fine however the oil and running temps are higher than they were b4 the fitting of the larger intercooler. I'm guessing this is purely because it is taking most of the air flow that used to travel through the rad.

On a normal 20 minute drive without pushing it I seem to get oil temps of 105 and water at 100. Does this sound about right?? Sure it wasn't that high before.

By the way an oil cooler is on the to do list 8)

Cheers

stick the external oil cooler in and your water temps will drop 10 to 20 degrees and your oil temp won't go much over 90... ;)

Also, check the voltage you're getting at the fan motor (bridge the thermo switch connector) 'cos the loom for the fans does the same as the headlamps and looses a lot of power causing your fan to spin slower than it's designed to thus upping the temps somewhat... On J-DUB I added in 2 relays to give me full voltage back at the fan again for both speeds and it dropped the temps by a few degrees... 8)

Seems ok to me. My Passat runs at 114 on the oil on the motorway and about 100-104 round town if you are moving. Water temps are under a 100 but my rad is the biggest they do, cos of the non working air con that's fitted. :wink:

If you get that real oil cooler on there things will change for the better. Ambient temps are pretty high at the moment too which will impact running temps accordingly.

Gavin

a similar situation happened after i fitted my rallye intercooler. not really that concerned because, like Gavin said, the ambient temperature is higher outside which will affect the cars temperatures. just makes the car a bit slower as the air intake temperature is higher...... :-(

Now i would think its because of this.......you've stuck an intercooler infront of the main rad, its going to sap the cool air before it enters the rad therefore the air entering the rad is slightly warmer than normal, so the rad wont cool as well as it could do. therefore the water temp will be slighly higher and thus the oil temp too!!

but doesnt the G60 that come std with fmic have a different temp tated fan switch to come on sooner and cool more effectivley?

I 've fitted a Neuspeed lower temp fan switch anyway and have an uprated pacet fan, so this is coming on a lot more than previously. My reasoning behind the situation was the same as G60jet just wanted to make sure!!

the golf G60 also has a bigger radiator which'll help keep the temps down...

Stick in a remote oil cooler and your temps will drop massively... My water temps over the last week have been at around a max of 90 with my oil just touching 110 when I was giving her a real caining to make sure everything was tight! ;) :twisted: :lol: