Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

Went to some bodyshops for quotes on a front end respray.

The front of the vr is looking a little war wounded with stone chips and a few scratches, and the front bumper is peeling its laquer off around the light recesses and is riddles with chips too.. Also I have some rust on the drivers sill just behind the plastic sill protector.

First bodyshop I went to sprays tvr's and other posh cars like that, and do all of Mole Valley cars.

He said that the wings and bonnet would need completely repainting as he would lose the colour within the wings and bonnet, but obviously would need to laquer the complete panels. He said the rust wouldnt be a problem either. I didnt think that a cash price of £650 was too bad, although I forgot to ask about the stone chip on the roof, and the wing mirrors.

I imagine that if I have the roof done too it will push the price up to around the £1k mark...

The second bodyshop that deals with accident repairs said they wouldnt do the rust on the sills as they don't gaurantee rust, but they would paint both wings and bonnet.. but the killer is they said that I needed to buy a brand new bumper because the laquer would peel again as it's an old bumper!!! Never heard that before..

I guess I won't be taking it to them then!!

So if I get the paint done I will be wanting to run a car bra!! Although I'll probably get one even if I dont have the front resprayed as they look pimp! (I can't find a manufacturer that does 3 piece ones for a mk3 polo otherwise the g40 would have had one long ago!!) Are there european companies that make them, as I don't want one with side markers for us-spec bumpers??

Another thing, Euro car parts are showing headlamp protectors on back order and haven't had any for ages, so has anyone got any they want to sell me??

While I was at ECP I bought a set of HT leads.. Don't know if they are any good or not, but they have to be better than the ones I have now as they arc across to the inlet manifold!!!! £48, again I didnt think that was too bad!!

Enough of the rambling.. That was my day's corrado related going-ons!

Rob

take it to my bodyshop man if your not far from crawley....hes shit hot and would do another panel for that £650 price im sure

Crawley aint too far.. I'm in Chessington Surrey..

The first body shop I went to you can see out the back of my house!!

Would be quite handy to be able to drop the car off and walk home in 3 minutes!!

I am going to get other quotes though.