Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Rough run ning when cold, revs drop

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on a little proble i have started to have in my 92 g60, when cold the car seems to idle quite roughly and when revved, it doesnt seem to settle nicely either, the revs drop rite down to about 200 - 400 rpms, i have recently changed the blue and black temp senders would it be anything else?

Regards

Mike

as far as i can tell it is yeh, is that the one that sends the signal the the display on dash?, if so then thats ok

The blue one is for the ECU. Try swapping the blue and black plugs round.

Did it start to play up after replacing the sensors? Was it running ok prior to the replacements?

Gavin

just tried swapping them round, had no effect.... both sensors are probably about 2 months old i replaced them becuase the black one failed and i thought i might aswell do the blue at the same time, what about lambda probe?

The lambda probe has no effect in the first couple of minutes of running so I doubt that's it. It has to warm up before it works properly. The ECU ignores it until a certain water temp is reached.

Try setting the tickover again, do a search on setting up or tickover adjustment.

Gavin