Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

DIDNT PASS SMOG TEST CALIFORNIA!!!

the smog guy says, your NOx levels are too high, 1200, should be 750. will changing my pully and reseting my timing fix that?

also on a funnier topic, he said my idle was inconsistent, ISV sticking, and he said that my car was "modified" and that I had a non CARB approved "turbo". I told him to shut the f*ck up, he laughed at me....

I then told him he was stock and he laughed again, then I explained corrado's and how VW made a supercharged 4 cylinder engine... he looks it up... "HOLY CRAP, they did make one!"

DUR!!!!!!

told him that he should think of a new job cause he cant spot stock from not, I also told him that if my car hadnt passed smog because of his blatant error I would report his shop (most definitely illegal chop shop, very obvious) to the department of motor vehicles... after that all I got was this sad look from him and he shut up... >=-)

I had the same thing when I took my car to a local 'greasemonkey' to fix the sunroof on my G60..

Them: "Who fitted the blower then to your motor?"

Me: "Er.. it came like that from the factory!"

Them: "Oh.. really?!" *lots of head scratching*

Me: "Remind me to never let you do engine work on my car"

;)