Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Trip to the Airport

Well my parents arrive in sunny spain today and i'm meeting them at the airport, Now everytime they come over something goes wrong with my C

Last year my clutch broke, and it did break in 3 bits. (competition clutch only last 20,000miles).

So what will it be today??

place your bets!!

Both door handles will break, the wing mirrors will start peeling and the electrics will go t*ts up like on every other bl**dy c :( !!

Oh well it would be a boring life without climing in the passenger side in a crowded supermarket car park only to find you cant see behind you when reversing out the space at night with no lights!!

Only kidding good luck mate

Well the car made it fine good old C!!!

had to dash though, my boss left me with 20mins to get to the airport and meet my parents, not easy at 60km away.

Anyway took the toll road in the heat of the day at 34 degree C (on the move)

Oil temp was getting hotter at i was on boost for most of the trip,(speeding up and slowing down in traffic), water temp was getting near the 110 mark so i opened the windows and opened the heater up full(Closing the center vents though as that would of cooked me) just out of interest to see how much the oil and water temp would drop. To my supprise the water temp when down to just above 70 and then the oil temp when way down to 108, i was well pleased. Cheap oil cooler!! LOL and at that speed the hot air from the dash vent wasn't getting me!!

A tip if yr engines hot as ive had loads of old dodgy motas and these work quite effectivley

Drive in as high a gear as possible, dip the clutch if yr going down hill the engine will only be doing 750rpm (enough for the water pump to work) but there will be gale force winds through the rad. Also in traffic turn the engine off if its gettin really bad and start everytime you move off (lookin silly is cheaper than a melted engine).

All of this and you should never get in trouble as ive been in a 1hr traffic jam in a 205 1.9 GTI with no rad fan without trouble (Tyne tunnel for those in the North East)