Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

boost-sensing pressure switch

Sounds like a MAP(manifold absolute pressure) sensor!

Turbo cars use them but so do some charged cars especially when moddified

Chris

its for the idle valve so it lets it open at the higher pressure's this kit can give. if it goes over the set safe limit it opens the valve to lower boost going into the engine

I know the idle valve, will this fix my erratic idle because of the fact that I have everything else for this kit besides this piece? or will this just allow my boost to go higher? right now I am bleeding off at 11 for some reason.... I think thats the stock safety point...

yes.... we know that as well, we are just wondering what exactly this piece does, why I am talking about myself as "we" I dont know maybe a little golem in me...

WHAT DOES THIS PIECE DO? and how does it affect my engine, are you guys telling me that it will allow my car to boost up to 15 psi... or does it just adjust fuel mixture during non wide open throttle? this would cause my idle to stabilize....?

I believe we are all confused at this point.....

65mm with only 11 psi... kinda pissing me off, maybe a rebuild?

Ok, having looked at that page, I'm damned if I can work out WTF that switch is for...

The rad switch and thermostat are obvious. The pulley is obvious, and from the sound of it, they reroute the ISV back onto the inlet to the throttle body (hence the big silver pipe and the blue hose) but the only thing I can think of for the pressure switch is to turn off the ISV when on boost to stop it leaking.... :?

Personally, I'd be looking more into how your engine is flowing rather than boost pressure... ideally you want a nice low pressure with a hi-flow rate to get as much air and fuel into the cylinders as possible. Hi boost pressures with low flow rates are caused by obstructions...

I don't think that this will help any idle stabilisation problems you're having, but it shouldn't make 'em any worse...

General consensus in Euro tuning circles is that this isn't the way to deal with boost bleeding and that there are better ways of doing it... G-Man is you man to talk to about it 'cos he's been working on a few ways of getting around the problem IIRC... 8)