Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

Crash bang wallop, I broke the rado.

So, I went out for a drive last night with a mate of mine. We decided that we'd go chav hunting down southend in the Corrado. Was having a pretty good night down there... weather was nice, there were a few nice vw's about including a G60 rado that was tearing up and down, saw 5 police give some bloke a beating while he resisted arrest... plenty of skirt down there to look at too!!

Coming home decided to stop at McDonalds on the A127. This is where everything started to go wrong. Cash point at McD's was out of order so we drove a little further down the estate to Tescos that had a huge "We're Open" sign all lit up outside.

Tesco's petrol station was shut, so we follwed the road round to the main store. As we got a little closer noticed the main store was shut too so started to slowly do a u-turn.. i was driving at no more than 10mph when "bang bang clatter bang", my head bounced off the roof and I didnt quite know what was going on. Looked in the mirror and there it was. A 1m x 1m 6in high island with a teeny little shrub in the middle of it.

I'd hit it straight on. My sump is now folded flat and the underneath of the car is missing a little underseal. Dented the petrol tank too.

Not overly a happy bunny. Was planning on going to the South East meet today in it, and Bug Jam is at the end of the week. Originally I was planning on going to Bug Jam in the retro G40 but that aint gonna be fixed in time, and now the corrado is dead it looks like I'll be going in my works Renault Kangoo.

I'll get some pics off my camera soon showing the damage I've done.

I'll have to phone VW tomorrow to order a new sump. I'm going to go out and get the sump off now to see if I've toasted the oil pump too....

But. The story gets worse. I phoned the AA at 1.22am to come and get me and after numerous phone calls and text messages I finally got recovered at 7.30am this morning.

To top it all off, as we were going along the M25 I spotted the 3rd Corrado on the raod since I've bought mine, and he overtook us with mine on the back of a flatbed... gutted. well and truely.

I think there is a lesson to be learnt somewhere in here.... look the f@ck where you are going. I'm a cocknose.

Sounds like you were lucky not to rip off the exhaust and split the fuel tank - AFAIK the fuel tank will be plastic.

Hopefully it won't cost too much to repair.

bugger! ..bet you're glad you didn't sod the Cat (or exhaust for that matter) though as your wallet would be a smouldering pile by now!!

If it makes you feel any better though, I was working at an outdoor bar-tent at a local festival with a mate who drives a late 60's 911. As we packed up at the end of the night, the generators were shut down and the floodlights put out. As we cruised down the site to the gate at 1am, he was chatting away as we drove head-first into the spit-roast BBQ which had already been set up for the Sunday... no engine damage obviously, but still sodded the bumper, bonnet and a headlamp though!

Tesco's carparks really are some of the most dangerous places on the planet!!
Yeah - that's why I shop at Asda

So friday night I pull up at some traffic lights and there is steam/smoke coming from the front of the car... not much but enough to make me notice. At first I thought it might be a little bit of oil burning off from the oil filter (I thought the filter housing was weeping slightly as I found a spot of oil on the cardboard I left under the car after the oil/sump/filter change...)

But oh no... nothing as simple as that. No, I've pushed the rad up and broken the top row and it's leaking.

£135 later from GSF and I'm the proud owner of a new rad. My little trip to Tesco is now totalling £300...

Oh, and not only that, after I'd changed the sump at a mates yard I was racing him home in his 7.5 ton recovery truck!!! Anyway was sat next to him in third gear and he was flat out!! Dropped it to second and booted it and snapped the rear engine mount.

I'm having some serious bad luck at the moment...

dont forget your reward points :-)

damn mate - stay home !!

was that the rear engine mount or the gearbox mount ?? left=engine , right= gearbox

I can't find anything on the search about golf diesel mounts..

I found some stuff on other mounts and am pretty interested in uprating the lot.

I like the look of BBM's solid front mount. Wouldnt mind some poly crossmember mounts and a Powerflex(?) gearbox mount..

Didnt really see anything about an upreated rear engine mount anywhere though??