Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

16v K Jet Fuel Pump Specs

Hello,

I am thinking about using a 16v pump to supply the fuel for my 24v motor. Bearing in mind this will be supercharged I am looking for the flow rates of the 16v fuel pump in comparison to the 24v pump.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

p.s. I know that the 16v K Jet pump operates between 4 and 5 bar, and the 24v one operates at 3bar - question is, can the 16v pump maintain its 4 bar with the fuel demand the 24v (and eventually the charger) will place on it?

Ta

mmmm I know that too, the lift pump is really only there to prime the main pump as far as I am aware.

My concern is just cos the pump can pressure a static line up to 4 bar, it doesnt mean it can flow very fast.

I guess know one knows eh.... :(

Hi,

Very hard to find what you want specifically but I wonder if this helps.

8v pump: expected to pump fuel into the open with 12 volts on connections is expected to deliver 650cc in 30 seconds. The injectors each at full throttle are expected to output 80 ml in 40 seconds each.

VR6 12v pump: expected to pump fuel into the open with 12 volts on connections is expected to deliver 750cc or 950cc in 30 seconds. No injector delivery rate available

VR6 24v pump: expected to pump fuel into the open with 12 volts on connections is expected to deliver 770cc or 2,650cc in 30 seconds. No injector delivery rate available

Double checked the VR6 24v figures, there are two pressures of 3 bar and 4 bar respectively depending on the engine code. Let me know which code your engine is and I will look for more detail.

Looking at this, unless you have the engine code that runs with a fuel system at 4 bar, the standard pump in the Corrados, metal or plastic tank should be able to hack it given the tolerances are +/-50cc on all the pump’s delivery rates. Best check you also have 12 volts or more across the pump contacts with typical electrical loads switched on such as lights, cabin fan and HRW.

cheers for the help - I didnt know some 24v motors demanded 4 bar!

I might just stump up for a walbro mega pump.