Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Dodgy Steering

Hi Guys,

A question on behalf of my friend Emma as she doesn’t have access to the internet :(

She’s got a '91 1.8 valver and last week the clutch gave up on her. Must be all the Saxo whipping she does :lol: She took it to a local garage that she’s never been to before !! and they took 3 days to change it. Saying that it was a real pain and had to lower the engine a bit and rotate the gearbox to get it off :roll: I haven’t a clue as ive never done one :oops:

She got the car back and the clutch is perfect but she’s now noticed that the steering is very dodgy especially when turning left. I had a drive this morning and it feels really light and unresponsive. I was quite scared to drive it to be honest. It feels totally different to mine there just seems to be nothing there when you start to turn :shock:

She’s gonna take it to another garage but I thought id get some expert opinions from you guys :D so we can have a little look first and so that the new garage dont screw her :roll:

Any suggestions :D

sounds to me like they may have damaged one of the P/S pipes on the rack... Their description on how to change the clutch is about right, but 3 days is taking the p1ss... I've done one in a day in my back garden on axle stands and have done one in about 3.5 hours in a properly equipped garage on a 2 post lift... :|