Sign in to follow this  
belfastfumanchu

Blowing Cold Air - sorted

My Corrados fan is blowing out luke warm/cold air even with the sldey control being pushed all the way to hot.

This is the case when driving and or just ideling.

You CAN get hot air but it only lasts for less than a minute.

If i push the slidey lever all the way to the left (cold side) then I can hear the little flap in behind the dash moving, however when i push it all the way to the right (hot side) it does seem a little easier to push and i don't hear the flap in behind moving. Is that the way it should be?

I changed the coolant last Monday and the heater has been working fine until today. (so i don't think its cos of the coolant change...just a coincidence)

Plus one other thing....dont know how relevant it is..... if you turn the heater fan off for a minute or 2 and then turn it on again you get hot air.....again only lasts for less than a minute though.

Can anyone help ? I really want my hot air back!

Cheers VR6, .. one other thing though for anyone who knows..

Should the bottom hose comming from the radiator not heat up as quickly as the top hose?

My bottom hose is staying quite cool compared to the top one...is this a sign of an air lock?