Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Corrado Ice Intalls

Well from the day i got may corrado i have been saying i'll panel the boot off and do a quality install. so i have been getting Ideas. I just thought i'd share a few pics with you of what im talking about.

i've made some designs for the corrado drivers in the netherlands, and one in belgium myself... look at this :

S_image007.jpg

S_Kofferbak%20met%20JBL3.jpg

S_Paneel%20gemonteerd%20zonder%20luikje.jpg

S_S_DSCF0284.JPG

(my own install with a compartment to put the standard junk like tow cables etc. in)

install includes: 2 halogen spots, power capacitor, sherwood class a amplifier, jbl gt2 12" subwoofer, infinity 3 way compo speaker (and still room for 2 boxes beer(y))

this one is from my mate Danny... visit his page at http://www.mulhof.nl for more pic's

S_S_kist.jpg

S_S_DSCF0244.JPG

(with a double bottom where the amp will be put, underneath the spare wheel still available because the whole install can be flipped over about 80 degrees)

S_S_DSCF0241.JPG

S_S_DSCF0243.JPG

S_DSC00078.JPG

(it's made so it can be put in 2 ways)

S_S_DSCF0256.JPG

S_fENQ0041.jpg

(more recent pics with neon and amp built in, cloth put on etc etc on danny's homepage http://www.mulhof.nl )

next one is from christof from belguim, 2 kenwood 12" woofers, 2 kenwood amps and a powercapacitor

S_model1.jpg

S_PICT0091.jpg

S_PICT0093.jpg

S_PICT0094.jpg

(i think you'll have enough new ideas now, but you could allways visit http://www.corrado-g60.tk for all pictures of these installs, or http://www.showyoursound.nl for hundreds of installs)

Heres the one i had in mine, its a bit scruffy but i put it together in just over a day, i was going to a show.

i will be working on building me new one soon, using quite a bit of fibreglass

I've got to add a false floor, panel the sides for the amp and CD changer + new lighting concept. And take into account this little strut brace.

nigel, i think you should try your woofer in a closed housing.. that way you have way more possibilities for a nice install... just for the looks then..

there's 1 difference.. with your tube you'll get a quite deep and very long bass... with a vented housing you'll get about the same but a bit shorter bass, with a closed housing you'll get a short and tight bass (the way i think is the most natural)

that way it's allso nicer to build it all away with side panels, lighting etc.

LOL those pics at top -----that car wouldnt last 10 mins where i live bring that car here and half an hour later i could buy all that stuff in the boot for £150 lol joys of living in a safe hood..

Agreed.

Stealth is always a good way to go.

A couple of weeks ago my neighbour had ~£3k worth of ICE equipment stolen from his Celica GT4.

We started again from scratch but concentrated on stealth and making it very hard to remove.

I'd like to see them try now - the boot is almost fully enclosed, and they'd have a very hard time getting to the amps and/or subs - you'd have to see it to believe it ;)

wait till i get some new pics done, this is one part of my car im tottaly pround of i got loads in boot and u cant see anything at all 100% stealth.

i think this is the way to go for secuirity specially around these ways and sound is there to be heard and not seen custom made boots can be made to look decent and hold subs/amps in place so tight that it requires time and effort to take out

i was gonna tell u guys how to do it easily but thought better not ....jus in case :p:p:p

I've got to add a false floor, panel the sides for the amp and CD changer + new lighting concept. And take into account this little strut brace.

Easily done:

S_PICT0380.JPG

:)

i have to tell you one thing andi, that isn't a real strut brace.. that's the corrado of wilfred danser and he has put that pipe in to keep the side panels in place

Ah ok, but maybe it will give Nige an idea - even if the space behind his strut brace is probably a lot less.

Ah ok, but maybe it will give Nige an idea - even if the space behind his strut brace is probably a lot less.

Seeing as im not having a bass bin for sub or anything like that i dont think its gonna be a problem to cut round it. Once its all polished it will look mint.