Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Fitting Bonnet Release

I got to fit a new bonnet release cable and bits to me C. My Bentley manual hasnt arrived yet, so can anyone give some advice about how it goes? I wouldve used how it was, but the dude changing my clutch at the weekend broke it when he took it off :roll:

So, can anyone show me how its sposed to go? cheers guys :D

You need to remove the fuese box cover and the plastic trim bit from the drivers foot well. If you loosen the fusebox it's self you should be able to see where it come through the bulkhead. If you follow this through, you will see the routing of the cable. At the far end (right hand side as you look at the engine from the front) there is a screw type clamp to keep the cable in place. Loosen it off to get the cable out. You pull the whole lot out from the footwell to the end of the cable. You do keep the plastic sleeve on that goes above the radiator (you'll see what I mean) and the little trumpet bit on the left.

To fit the new one you have to feed it in from the footwell. Put it all together the same way you took it off. To make putting the bendy end bit into the handle in the footwell a bit easier, I removed the handle (2 philips screws) and got it in that way. It's really easy to do, 20 mins tops. The only fiddly bit is feeding the cable from the footwell up through the grommet in the bulkhead. Get a friend to help. And make sure that the handle pulls the cable enough to open the bonnet before you close it.

many thanks.

Which way round do the trumpet shaped bits go? mine are broken and not on at the mo (i have new ones to replace)