Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Crank bolt removal and fitting new one

Hello

Im changing my crank bolt on wednesday (well mechanic friend is) and I was just after a quick 'how-to' guide. Ive got a 91 G60 Corrado by the way.

Is it something you can do on your own?? Ive read a few threads on the forum but no one seems to say 'this is how you do it...' DO you have to take all the pulleys off. Im changing the idler pulleys at the same time.

thanks

You can do it without pulleys off, just check the socket you are using for the new bolt fits before starting...

You will need someone to stand on the breaks with the car in gear and you will also need a fecking great torque wrench and some threadlock...

If you do have to take belts and pulleys off it would make sense to do the cambelt/tensioner and change the other 2 belts at the same time

Cheers The camblelt was done about 20.000 miles ago. Sorry not 100% savvy with this. What do you mean by doing the tensioner and the other belts do you mean P/S and serpentine? I got a new serpentine belt going on as well.

Sorry big weekend all this kinda going over my head at the moment